jueves, 9 de junio de 2011

Cartagena, Colombia

I know I'm way behind on blog entries but I did want to quickly inform my loyal blog followers that I have just begun phase two of this little journey arriving last night in amazing Cartagena, Colombia on the Carribean coast.

First impressions are very positive in spite of the fact that 92 degrees (current temp) and humid is a pretty abrupt change from cool, cloudy Lima.

Did a little exploring this morning and it was nice to see that the locals haven't forgotten the memorable trip that Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, and others made here in the late 1980's.


(it's a little hard to see but this particular Jewerly shop is having a 40% off "Romancing the Stone" sale.)

Too hot to be in the street now so I'm going to follow the local tradition of having a little siesta until it cools down later this afternoon at which point I'll do more exploring and probably visit the famous Museum of the Inquisition.

More to come later including the backlogged Peru entries.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario